Skin

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Falling for You: Till I Collapse

Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Papi W. only had two requests: 1) attending the cake tasting and 2) playing "YMCA" at the reception. How could I say no after everything he had done for me? So, while it was not my favourite, I asked our DJ to open the dance floor with "YMCA". 
YMCA by Village People on Grooveshark
"That's ma jam!"
As it turns out, people LOVED it, they swarmed the dance floor as soon as the opening notes were heard. As you can see, my hair changed slightly. I was hot and sweaty, and as you probably noticed in during the last post, my hair was looking like a damn mess, so I just pulled it back and rocked on, you know, like ya do.

By the time the chorus hit, people were truly losing their sh*t: I guess it really is an oldie but goodie!
It's fun to stay at the...
YYYYY

MMMMM
CCCCC 

♫AAAAAA
Of course, everyone wanted a piece of the bride and groom, and before long, Mr. W and I were completely surrounded by our loving guests.

When the song ended, Mr. W, who doesn't love dancing as much as yours truly, went back to our sweetheart table. I, however, was determined to dance 'till I dropped, quite literally. 
One of the most epic pictures from the wedding
This next part is quite fuzzy, but all of the sudden, my ears started ringing and my vision got blurry. I had been sick long enough to know what was coming: I was about to collapse. At my wedding. In the middle of the dance floor. To this day, I don't know if it was the heat, dehydration, a lack of foodmy illness, or a combination of all of those things, but let me tell you something: If one thing is going to bring a party to a crashing halt, a passed out bride is sure to do the trick. One thing I knew was that I didn't want to cause a scene. I didn't want anyone to find out what was happening and ruin their good time. I started to panic, while trying hard not to give anything away to the guests around me. I scanned the room looking for Mr. W. and saw him sitting at our sweetheart table with Lil W. I told myself that if I could just walk over to my husband, everything would be ok...

This picture must have been taken a mere minutes before the incident, as you can see, the colour had completely drained from my face. 
I managed to make my way over to our sweetheart table. Mr. W took one look at me and asked what was wrong. I was barely able to sit down before keeling over and hitting the floor. GM of Doom had been walking by and saw the whole thing happen and rushed to the bar to get me a big glass of water. I guess I blacked out for a few seconds, but when I came to, the first thing I saw was the sheer panic in Lil Waterfall's eyes as she asked her big brother if I was dead. Always great in a crisis, Mr. W spoke to her in soothing tones and told her I was fine -- that I had probably overheated. He told her to pick up my hair and run an ice cube on my neck to cool me down, and she did so diligently. 

Thankfully, by this point in the evening, the lights were dim and the music was blasting, and we were so discreet that nobody else noticed what had happened. Our parents only found out the next morning, why worry them? I sat in the Peacock Alley with my best friend J. for a little while sipping a mojito and having some desert from our sweets table to bring up my blood sugar. Miraculously, after a couple of minutes, I was pretty much fine. To be honest, passing out had been one of my biggest fears leading up to the wedding. Once it was over, I knew that there was nothing else that could go wrong and I just wanted to enjoy myself for the precious few hours that were left in our reception -- and I did. 

Did you deal with any emergencies at your wedding?
Coming up, lots of dancing!

All photos courtesy of the amazing Bachmann Photography unless otherwise specified
Falling for You: A Walk to Remember :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Baby You Can Ride My (Limo) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Something :  wedding accessories montreal pictures pro pics recap traditions Waterfa04 waterfa04
Miss a recap?
  • We get it started with our wedding trailer
  • We had a really intense wedding week
  • We handle some last minute drama and get our nails did
  • We practice getting married
  • We eat all the French food
  • We stuff our faces with chocolate
  • The girls get pretty, oh so pretty
  • The men suit up
  • I put on my wedding dress
  • I put on my veil and my entourage loses their sh*t
  • I show you all my somethings
  • We ride a vintage limo to the church
  • The bridal party walks the walk
  • We have a tearful “first look” on our walk down the aisle
  • The ceremony begins with some lovely readings
  • We exchange our vows and rings and have a blessing of the hands
  • We finish mass, have a rose ceremony and sign the marriage register
  • We take some pictures with our families
  • We take a few bridal party pictures
  • We take some pictures, just the two of us
  • We skip cocktail hour, and spend some time with our friends
  • We have a really fun first entrance
  • We dance to our song
  • Our friends give some heartfelt speeches
  • We miss out on eating a fabulous meal
  • I have an emotional father-daughter dance with my dad
  • We cut our gorgeous cake
  • We toss the bouquet and garter
  • We play the shoelywed game
  • We toast eachother

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment