Skin

Thursday 15 November 2012

Venues,The Good, The Bad and the Lovely: THE GOOD

After our first visit to the Steakhouse, we weren`t thrilled, but we also couldn`t afford to rule it out for budget reasons. We must have visited it at least on five different occasions, with different people, including MOH Long Legs. The last visit was with my parents and Grandma Waterfall, right before a wedding, so we could better see their set up. 

Before even arriving to the top floor, we noticed Grandma struggling with the stairs. Immediately, my parents raised some concern for the amount of steps, which would be a serious issue for some of our older guests.

After finally making it upstairs, Papi Waterfall took one look at the place and asked me if I liked it. I replied that it was okay, and the price was right. 

Oh, and that`s all they could say was Oh.

Well, they hated it! Which was actually a relief to me, I mean, it`s almost as if I had been trying to talk myself into loving a venue that was clearly wrong for us, so with that, we decided to keep looking.

Since Montreal is seldomly featured on The Bee, here are some beautiful venues that we visited along the way in the hopes that they might be helpful to other bees. (THE GOOD)

1. The Auberge Saint-Gabriel: 

This one of the oldest buildings in Old Montreal and it`s definitely got character, but it`s not cheap! We ultimately decided that the rustic feel was not a good fit for our June wedding though.


Wedding at the Auberge Saint-Gabriel/ image via Davina & Daniel /
 photography by Davina + Daniel
2. Hotel Nelligan: 
This is none other than Mrs. Mongoose`s venue and I can see why! The hotel is seriously swanky! Just look at the awesome lobby and cocktail hour areas:


Hotel Nelligan/ image via thestar.blogs.com
Hotel Nelligan/ image via cntraveler.com
As gorgeous as the common areas are, we thought the banquet hall itself would need a lot of extra rentals and decor.
Hotel Nelligan banquet hall/ image via experienceoldmontreal.com
3. Hotel Intercontinental, Ruelle des Fortifications:

The ruelle is a covered street in the Montreal World Trade Center and is affiliated with the Intercontinental hotel, so had a lot of hotel perks, like a free honeymoon suite.



I'm not gonna lie, I seriously LOVED this one because it had the feel of having an outdoor wedding with the comfort of the indoors (i.e., air conditioning and lack of bugs!). I absolutely adored the look of it, with the street lamps and the store fronts, sort of like getting married next to cafe in Paris! 
 
Mami Waterfall and me, look how giddy!/ personal photo


Ruelle des fortifications/ all photos courtesy of Hotel Intercontinental
Look at that stunning chandelier (which of course, was extra), courtesy of Hotel Intercontinental
In the end, this turned out to be the most expensive option, so we had to pass. Plus, Mr. Waterfall was not a huge fan of the outdoor cafe feel, but I still think it's stunning.

Next, I finally reveal the venue we actually booked! Did you visit many venues before finding the one?

No comments:

Post a Comment