Skin

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Falling for You: Dirty Dancing

Guys, in case I haven't stressed it enough already: I love to dance. Seriously. LOVE IT. So naturally, I wanted my reception to be the best party of my life, and for that, you need a kick-ass DJ. Our DJ actually came highly recommended from our photographers, and even though he was a little more than we initially wanted to spend, it was well worth the money. We met with Mark twice before the wedding and gave him some direction about the type of music we liked, but pretty much let him do his thang. In fact, we didn't even provide a "do not play list" because really, there are no songs that were that offensive to us. I did provide a must-play list with a dozen Cuban songs, but only because I knew they would be overlooked otherwise. (I will go into a little bit more detail on that in my next post since many of you inquired about my Cuban playlist)

I already mentioned that we had our first dance right off the bat, so the dance floor was open very early on, and our guests certainly didn't waste any time. In fact, the dance floor was packed in between each dinner course, and it stayed packed all the way 'till 3 am, when we had to close the party down. 

Everyone was out on the dance floor, from our adorable flower girls (and their Barbies)...
To Mr. W's family...
MIL W breaking it down with her sister
...Even Lil W. joined in on the fun!
Woot, woot!
Because of some of our earlier delays, we had to decide whether or not we wanted to spend the extra money and pay for one more hour of photography. In the end, we did, and it was totally worth it because these dancing pictures are fabulous. I feel like I'm right back in the moment whenever I look at them. 
Disclaimer: some of these pictures were taken during dinner, while others were taken later on, but I wanted to keep them all together. 

As far as the playlist goes, I'll be honest, I don't remember most of the songs that played that night. All I know is Mark did a great job reading the crowd and mixing current hits with some classics, like the YMCA. He started off with a few Oldies but Goodies, and as the evening progressed, the music became more like what you would hear at a club, since the older folks had gone home by this point. But I digress. In the words of Elvis, a little less conversation, a little more action, please!

There was the innocuous fist pump, courtesy of our New Jersey guests:
Some guests danced while pointing:
While others put their hands in the air and waved them like they just didn't care:
There was even some line dancing,  courtesy of Mr. W's French Canadian cousins:

And of course, some Jazz hands:
At one point, a dance circle formed, because no party is complete without a bone fide dance circle. 
I'm fairly certain Best Man Tequila started it:
He even challenged the bride to a dance-off
But it's all good `cause I got the moves ;)
Coming up, we break it down, Cuban-style!
Do you like to dance at weddings?

All photos courtesy of the amazing Bachmann Photography unless otherwise specified
Falling for You: A Walk to Remember :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Baby You Can Ride My (Limo) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Something :  wedding accessories montreal pictures pro pics recap traditions Waterfa04 waterfa04
Miss a recap?

No comments:

Post a Comment