Skin

Monday 20 May 2013

One Trick Peony


With the wedding fast approaching, I have to meet with our florist, Fleuriste Sens, next week to give our final cheque and go over our florals one last time. As you know, we decided to only do fresh flowers for the bridal party as a way to cut our florist bill. I must say that so far, I am super glad we did this because our florist bill was fairly small and I got my first pick of flowers! So, without further ado, here is what our flowers are going to look like!

Bride Bouquet: White peonies with dusty miller. A huge bonus of getting married in Quebec in June is that peonies are in season and locally grown! So, I'm having a monochromatic bouquet of just white peonies and dusty miller. Some brides love a colorful bouquet, but I'm kind of loving the understated elegance of white on white. And the fluffy peonies will not only smell amazing, but complement my tulle wedding gown perfectly!

image viahttp://butterflylounge.wordpress.com
image via www.bouquetweddingflower.com / photography by Robyn Thompson.
Bridesmaids bouquets: My bridesmaids will be carrying simple, all white hydrangea bouquets. Hydrangeas are great because they're very affordable, and I love their fluffy look! The only downside is that they wilt easily without water, but a good florist should be able to work with them. I simply love the contrast of the white bouquet against their bright, cobalt dresses!

bouquet by Emily Sweden at Blossom Wedding
Flowers/ image via wedding blossoms
via chiq weddings/
photo by Ron. B. Wilson Photography

Boutonnieres: Since peonies are quite large, we opted instead for white spray roses with dusty miller, like this.


flowers by The Nouveau Romantics/ image via 100 layer cake/ photography by Jen Huang
So, there you have it folks! The Waterfall florals. What flowers is everyone using for their day?

No comments:

Post a Comment