Skin

Friday 17 May 2013

Something Blue/ Blue Silk Shoes


A while back, I wrote about my shoe conundrum, and my love of shoes. I spent hours on Google and searched the Hive for things like “Comfiest wedding shoes” and found many suggestions for Angela Nuran Shoes. Brides were raving about how comfortable these shoes were and how they had been able to wear them all day without complaint. I wanted to know more!


Angela Nuran is an ex-Ballroom dancer who specializes in comfortable wedding and special occasion shoes. What makes her shoes different is the suede insole and extra thick padding throughout the heel, arch and ball of feet, for an almost slipper-like level of comfort. Their toe and ankle buckles are totally customizable to your own feet, and you can purchase different buckles and switch them out easily. Plus, all her shoes are made of dyable silk and can be dyed any color! 


After seeing that I had no retailers near me, I wrote on the Angela Nuran Shoes Facebook page inquiring as to where I could purchase the shoes and Angela graciously offered to have a selection shipped to a bridal salon near me at absolutely no cost to me, with zero obligation to purchase on my part. We emailed back and forth a million times arranging the shipment, with several shoes for me to try and some for Mami Waterfall, who also has a hard time finding shoes due to bunions and other foot issues. I even asked Angela if she could send me a pair already dyed Cobalt to avoid having to ship the shoes back and forth and she happily obliged.  


I really cannot speak highly enough of the customer care I received! Angela herself always replied promptly and answered all of my questions with regards to sizing as well as figuring out what shoe model would best suit my needs. 


Once the shoes finally arrived to the boutique near me, we went to try them on and I was able to walk away with a pair of Cobalt Blue Astorias, which have a fairly low heel. They were super comfortable and very easy to walk in! Unfortunately, my mom’s shoes were too large and she ended up having to send them back. Once again, Angela was amazing and sent a different size for her to try at no cost to us. Mami Waterfall ended up with a pair of black Virtue shoes that she’s super happy with!

My wedding shoes, Angela Nuran Astoria/ image via The Left Bank
You can't really tell from the picture, but the buckles are super sparkly because they're made from Swarowski crystals. And, Angela even includes a spare buckle with the shoes with a little note that says: "Just in case... Have this extra buckle on hand on your wedding day because life happens while you're busy making other plans! Congratulations!"

I really can’t recommend Angela Nuran Shoes enough to any brides out there who had issues with shoes hurting their feet, like myself. Sure, they don’t come cheap, but I consider it an investment in comfort and I definitely plan on wearing them again. 

Did you struggle finding the perfect pair of shoes?

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! That's very attractive shoes. Thanks for the blog post.

    Regards,
    Barker Marine
    Men Shoes UK

    ReplyDelete