Skin

Sunday 9 December 2012

Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed

Today I want to talk to you about my fur baby. WARNING: EXTREME PUPPYNESS AHEAD.

I had wanted a dog for literally as long as I can remember, and my parents finally caved and agreed to get one when I became old enough to take care of him.


This is the day we met, he was a few weeks old


Well, my parents weren`t wrong; raising my fur baby for the last 8 years has been a lot like raising a human baby, I had to feed him, bathe him, and care for him (and clean up a lot of poop).



But it comes with its perks! For one, a dog is the PERFECT snuggle companion for watching TV. Case in point:
Hewo!
Simba and PapiWaterfall
Before I got engaged, my family always joked that Simba (yes, we named him after the Lion King) should be the ring bearer. And although it was initially meant as a joke, it made perfect sense to want to have such an important member of the family in the wedding. I mean, just because he`s not human, doesn`t mean he`s any less family! After all, he`s been with me almost as long as Mr. Waterfall has!

The web is filled with adorable inspiration pics like these:

Image via jeffcookephotography.ca/ photo credit: Jeff Cooke Photography
image via TheKnot.com
photo by Nashan Photograhers
image via Weddingchicks.com/ photography by glassjarphotography.com

But the reality of it is that although he is 8, Simba is still very much a puppy in his mind; he loves to play and gets really excited around people, maybe too excited. I think it would be too overwhelming for him to have him there with the amount of guests that we are expecting. And even though he is well trained, I can`t picture him being able to make it down the aisle by himself without getting distracted by something (or someone) along the way... I don`t want a child to walk him on a leash, because he`s so strong that he would end up walking them, not the other way around.

 image via snapweddings.com /photography by Snap
At any rate, I doubt my church would even allow him on the premises. Maybe things would be different if we were having an outdoor wedding, or at the very least a more rustic setting. So, we`ll be having a real live boy as a ring bearer instead. But don`t you worry, Simba will definitely be involved in the wedding somehow! At the very least I plan on getting him a snazzy suit or bowtie and having a bit of a photoshoot with him. I love looking at pictures of brides and their pooches, look how sweet!

image via zoomtheory photography/ photo by Zoom Theory
image via Parallel57 Photographers/ photo by Parallel57
image via Rebekah J. Murray Photography/ photo by Rekekah Murray
I may even DIY an adorable sign like this one:
image via Lucky Pictures Photography/ photo by Lucky Pictures
The only question remains: who would be lion tamer for the day? I might entrust a family friend with the task of transporting Simba to and from the bridal suite or whatever place we`re taking pictures, but I don`t want to burden our guests. I may also copy Miss Mink and hire a doggie baybysitter.

I`m sure some of you are rolling your eyes at the crazy dog lady. And that`s fine. If you`ve never had a dog, you probably don`t get it; our day wouldn't feel complete without our baby

For all the doggie parents out there, how are you including your babies in the wedding? 

No comments:

Post a Comment