Skin

Thursday 6 December 2012

Love at First Sight: Photography Reveal


When we left off, Mr. Waterfall and I were narrowing down our list of potential photographers. Well, for all the time I spent building the list, we finally hired a photographer who wasn't even on it!

It seems like we found Bachmann Photography by pure luck, like with our church and date. We were touring our venue when we noticed the framed photos lining the walls of the bridal suite. This photo in particular completely took our breath away.


We immediately asked our coordinator for the name of the amazing mystery photographer and emailed Jesse as soon as we got his contact info. Shorty after, I received a phone call from his lovely wife and associate, Catherine. As it turns out, they shoot weddings as a duo! We knew early on that we wanted two shooters to allow different vantage points and make sure all those little moments were being captured, so we were BEYOND thrilled. As a bonus, Mr. W and I loved the idea of having a married couple as our dream photography team. Talk about working closely together! 
  
What drew us to Bachmann photography was how timelessly elegant their photos look. Remember my love of black and white photos? Well, they consistently deliver shots like these:

As I told you last time, the style we were most attracted to was photojournalism with a hint of editorial. We wanted lovely candid shots to show the emotions of the day as they unfolded:

But we also wanted some elegant posed portraits, like these:

I was really impressed with how elegant and beautiful they made all their couples look! They also take some very bad ass photos of grooms and their guys, which won over Mr. W ;)

There is something really beautiful in the way they capture light that I can't quite put my finger on, but I LOVE IT.

Oh, and their party shots are AMAZING! I feel like I'm in the room, dancing up a storm!

On a personal level, we knew we had hit it off when Mr. Waterfall made an inappropriate joke and they actually laughed! It was so important to me that we clicked with our photographers. I mean, we will be spending more time with them than anyone else that day! And while you don't have to be besties, it doesn't hurt if they can crack a few jokes and make you feel comfortable.

Since they were the first photographers we interviewed, I wanted to meet with a few more just to be sure, but we booked Bachmann the following week!

Since then, we've emailed back and forth quite a few times, and I have to say that we couldn't be happier with our choice! Jesse has been an absolute pleasure to work with; he always answers my emails and questions in such detail and with such patience! He even emails me when he's swamped to let me know that he'll call me later. 

They also worked a bit of magic to make their prices fit our budget a bit better. It's little things like that that make us feel like we're getting the best service around. We really hit the jackpot on this one! Bachmann really is a hidden gem, and we're so excited to see the images these two will produce of our big day!

So, now that I've gushed long enough, I'll post a few more pictures, Just for good measure.




* All photos via www.bachmannphotography.com/blog
/courtesy of Bachmann Photography posted with permission.

What do you think? Did we make the right choice? Was it love at first sight with your photographer?

No comments:

Post a Comment