Skin

Friday 10 January 2014

Falling for You: Entourage

After we finished taking family photos, our limo took our parents back to Le Windsor while we took some pictures with our bridal party. We really wanted our friends to enjoy cocktail hour instead of standing around forever for pictures, so the original plan was for the limo to come back for our bridal party after dropping off our family while Mr. W and I did couple's portraits, and then do one last run to pick us up along with our photographers. This seemed like a really solid plan to us, and it was... until the driver lost touch with our bridal party! So, despite our best efforts, our friends were left stranded on a random street corner instead of getting their booze on at cocktail hour. Oh well, c'est la vie!
Walking around the Old Port during photos
Since we were already running behind schedule because of my family, we kind of rushed through our bridal party photos, so we don't have many posed photos at all. We also decided not to include our littlest attendants since they were aged three to six years old, and we thought they would be uncomfortable in the heat, but I still wish we had included their cuteness in some photos.

We took some cool shots by the side of the church after everyone had left. You can't really tell in these pictures, we actually had to climb up on a ledge that was maybe 3 feet high. Our photographers suggested it, thinking I would say no, and I was all " Let`s DO IT!". In a ball gown and 4 inch heels. Win!


One of my favorite shots of the day is actually this awesome candid of BM Green Eyes and BM Tiny climbing down the side of the ledge, shoes off and everything!

Our photographers also captured a lot of candids while the family photos were happening. I just love how vibrant and blue the girl`s dresses came out! If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to stop obsessing about finding the perfect Cobalt blue dresses, because clearly I already had!

The whole time we were taking pictures, everyone kept fussing over my dress, except for me. Honestly, my bridesmaids were more concerned with my train than I was. I was just so happy to be married, and couldn't care less if my dress got dragged all over the floor by this point. I just kept saying "Leave it! It's not like I`m ever wearing it again!" I think after everything Mr. W and I had been through in the previous months, our friends and family just wanted everything to be perfect for us. But oddly enough, we didn't really care about the small stuff anymore, especially after dealing with such hardship. Our vendors kept saying that I was the most relaxed bride ever -- we laughed at this because relaxed is not a word that would normally be used in the same sentence as my name. But we got married, and to me, that was all that needed to go well that day.
GM of Doom getting a few bugs out of my dress. Look at my blissful face, I do not care a little bit that my Vera is crawling with about a bazillion spiders!

My girls fawning over my bridal beauty, totally not even staged, they`re so sweet.
We walked over to Place Jacques Cartier for some more group photos, it was buzzing with people who kept stopping to look at us and congratulate us, which was simultaneously really cool and really awkward. I was able to get some pictures with my girls, and I love how natural we all look. You would never be able to tell from this picture that these girls have barely ever interacted since they live in three different cities! Still, they`re the three best friends that anybody could have.


Of course, the boys got in on the action too. Don`t they look handsome in their tuxes?

One of my biggest regrets is not asking our photographer for individual pictures with each member of our bridal party. It simply never occurred to me, but I really wish it had! At least I remembered to take one with my MOH.
And finally, there was one picture that I knew I wanted to take ever since I noticed the pedestrian crossing outside our venue. I`m a huge Beatles fan, and I particularly love the album Abbey Road, so I thought it would be fun to recreate the iconic cover photo with my girls. We walked by twice and that was enough for Jesse to get the shot. Meanwhile, all the cars were honking and hooting at us, calling us pretty girls. Not all bad ;)

This was literally the only picture I requested. My whole philosophy toward photography was to be very hands-off and just let my photographers do their thang -- after all, we hired them because they`re good at what they do! You don`t go to the hospital with a printout from WebMD, right? My advice is: don`t give your photographer a huge list of "pinterest shots" to recreate, let them be creative instead!

Are you requesting any fun photos?

All photos courtesy of the amazing Bachmann Photography unless otherwise specified
Falling for You: Family Guys (and Girls) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: I Say A Little Prayer For You (Ceremony, Part 3) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling For You: I Wanna Hold Your Hand (Ceremony, part 2) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Set Me As a Seal Upon Your Heart (Ceremony, Part 1) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: And I Saw Him Standing There :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: A Walk to Remember :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Baby You Can Ride My (Limo) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Something :  wedding accessories montreal pictures pro pics recap traditions Waterfa04 waterfa04
Miss a recap?

No comments:

Post a Comment