Skin

Monday 13 January 2014

Falling for You: Come Together

After taking some photos with our bridal party, we left them on a street corner to wait for the limo and got to work on our couple's portraits. I use the term portrait loosely since none of these photos were posed. Personally, Mr. W and I would have found it rather awkward to pose for pictures for over an hour, and as I've mentioned before, we were really drawn to photojournalism. We didn't really have a set location for photos, so we just walked around old Montreal, stopping at different locations along the way. We didn't want to do any of the traditional photo locations for two reasons: 

1. They`re always really crowded, so you waste precious time "waiting your turn".
2. We didn't want our pictures to look like everyone else's! 

I'll be honest with you guys, when we first got started, it felt hella awkward for a minute. There were two photographers and one videographer, all pointed at us, and we were just expected to keep calm and swap saliva... I kept feeling like I was on an episode of "The Bachelor" or something! However, once we got over the initial weirdness of it all, and blocked everyone else out, we had no problem smooching like the couple of newlyweds that we were.  

There were some live performers playing jazz on Place Jacques Cartier, so we swayed for a few beats.

Mr. W even gave me little dip for some flair!
Our photographers, Jesse and Catherine were very impressed by our moves.
We then moved on to a small park. This location was nothing special to look at, but the light was perfection. I love how moody and almost editorial these pictures came out. It just goes to show that while having a nice location for photos is nice, it's certainly not the only factor to consider.
We also sat and snuggled on some steps. Jesse was quite surprised that I was willing to risk my dress, but they looked clean enough, and I cared more about the photos than I did about my dress, which would never be worn again anyways. Mr. Waterfall had to keep reminding me that while that was true, I still needed my dress to make it to the reception. Oops, good point, Mr. W! 
We found a clearing and took some more pictures among the trees.
Of course, we had to take a "under the veil shot". Some call it cheesy, we call it adorable.
Lastly, we ended up at the Appeals Court. This was purely my idea, not only as a nod to my profession, but also because the architecture of the building is really cool. I`m really glad I spoke up and asked Jesse to take a few pictures here, because they ended up being our favorites!
Me, at the Appeals Court. This is my one and only "bridal portrait" since we got behind schedule due to BM Tiny arriving late to the hotel and my parents arriving late for photos
This was the teaser shot our photographer sent us after the wedding. I die. This picture is perfection to me.

Are you looking forward to your couples' portraits? Does the idea excite or terrify you?

All photos courtesy of the amazing Bachmann Photography unless otherwise specified
Falling for You: Entourage  :  wedding bridesmaid montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Family Guys (and Girls) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: I Say A Little Prayer For You (Ceremony, Part 3) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling For You: I Wanna Hold Your Hand (Ceremony, part 2) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Set Me As a Seal Upon Your Heart (Ceremony, Part 1) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: And I Saw Him Standing There :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: A Walk to Remember :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Baby You Can Ride My (Limo) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Something :  wedding accessories montreal pictures pro pics recap traditions Waterfa04 waterfa04
Miss a recap?

No comments:

Post a Comment