Skin

Sunday 10 November 2013

Falling for You: Emotion

When we left off, I had just stepped into the most beautiful dress that I'll ever own, but it wasn't until I put on my veil that it actually sank in that I was getting married in a few minutes.
My bridesmaids smiled and talked about my bridal beauty while I beamed...
and high fives were given all around, some more successful than others (spoiler alert: high fives are huge staple at the Waterfall house, so this is not the last you'll be seeing of mighty high five!)
High-fiving like our lives depended on it!
Meanwhile, Papi Waterfall had been downstairs, getting ready with Mr. Waterfall and the boys. I didn't exactly plan for a "dad first look", but my amazing photographers still managed to capture my dad's expression when he walked into the room and saw me as a bride for the first time. The result is priceless! First-look photos are all the rage right now, but if you want these kinds of photos, my advice to you is to not actually plan them. Just let your photographer know what you're looking for, and let the rest happen. You see, if you let those reactions happen organically, the pictures are bound to be so much better because the emotion in them will be real.

These next few pictures are some of my favorites from the day because I absolutely adore the way they captured the emotions we were all feeling. In thirty years, when I look back at my wedding pictures, it will be great to see the feeling of pure joy and the outpouring of love that I felt as I embraced my parents.
 I actually had this picture blown up and framed for Papi Waterfall's birthday, he loved it!
My mom told me how proud she was of me, and how much my grandparents would have loved to be there to watch me get married, and I almost lost it.
I took a few deep breaths to regain my composure. After all, nobody wants to ruin their makeup by crying like a baby before the ceremony!
 
 
Before leaving for the church, my parents toasted the fact that their baby girl was getting married while I looked on. They have been married 31 years, and I feel so blessed to have been brought up in such a loving, successful marriage. I can't wait until the day Mr. Waterfall and I are celebrating our own daughter's wedding!
At this point, there was nothing left to do but go get married!  Did your friends and family become emotional once you turned into a bride?
 

All photos courtesy of the amazing Bachmann Photography unless otherwise specified.

 
Miss a recap?

No comments:

Post a Comment