Skin

Thursday 5 June 2014

Falling for You: Details in the Fabric

Well, you've seen the Waterfall wedding from start to finish, but before I go, I wanted to share some of the details that I worked so hard on! 

Sadly, because of some unforeseen delays, we arrived at the venue much later than planned, and our photographers weren't able to get pictures of the room before guests arrived. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish I had some lovely photos of all my details, since it was the details that I obsessed the most over. No matter, our wedding was perfect for us, and I've tried to supplement with guest photos where I could.

First off, a view of the Ballroom, empty:
The Versailles Ballroom/ Guest photo
I loved our blue uplighting. It elevated the decor in the room by highlighting all the architectural details without going over the top!

The Versailles Ballroom, with guests/ guest photo
Our DIY submerged orchid Centerpieces looked great, and saved us beacoup bucks!

Unfortunately, you can't really see the blue up lighting in our pro pics, probably because the professional flash was so strong.

Just as I had hoped, the minimalist centerpieces took up the perfect amount of space once the tables were fully set up with all the stemware and silverware. Their modern, sleek look was still elegant, but subdued enough that it didn't clash with the room.
Guest photo
I don't have any pictures of our sweetheart table to show you, but we kept things very streamlined there too. We had small votives and our bridal party bouquets decorate the table, and that was more than enough. I'm very clumsy by nature, so I wanted to avoid knocking things over while I tried to eat or greet guests, so this worked well for us. I really love how my DIY Silhouette Chair signs added a special touch to our sweetheart table. I'm still waiting to find a place for them in our home though.
Of course you've already seen our amazing cake, which was a show piece on its own!
And our adorable cake topper from LaDurée!
I printed off this sign for the photo booth, and we set it up on a table along with our props. Also on the table was our guestbook. I had high hopes for an original guestbook, but ran out of time to make one, so we ended up purchasing a plain one at Michaels two days before the wedding, and it barely got any traffic, so I'm kind of glad that I didn't waste too much time on it. Still, it was fun to read on our plane ride to Bora Bora! I have hopes of maybe turning it into something different in the not-too-distant future. I guess time will tell!
Well guys, that about wraps it up for the Waterfall wedding, but before I go, I'll review some of our vendors, stay tuned!

What details are you most excited about for your wedding?

All photos courtesy of the amazing Bachmann Photography unless otherwise specified
 waterfa04
Miss a recap?

No comments:

Post a Comment