Skin

Friday 22 November 2013

Falling For You: A Walk to Remember

When we left off, we had just arrived at the church.
Not wasting any time, our coordinator quickly organized everyone for the processional as we crowded around the chapel's tiny vestibule. I realize that the order of our processional was a bit jumbled compared to how people normally do it. In hindsight, I see that our church did things a little bit differently. The priest told Mr. Waterfall to wait at the front of the church, so the guys stood at their pews, next to him. Since Mr. W didn't process, it also made more sense to have the moms wait at their pews as well. Because of this, our processional was fairly short, but we didn't mind, since we had a full catholic mass ahead.
I hugged my adorable flower girls who stared up at me like I was a magical fairy princess right out of a Disney movie.
Soon enough, our processional song, Canon in D, started playing. Granted, it's not the most original song choice by any means, but honestly, by the time we got around to picking our ceremony music, I was very sick, and music was not a high concern at that point, so I sort of just let the organist do his thang, and it turned out lovely. Besides, there are only so many songs you can play on an organ.

If you want to listen along, feel free!
Music, Organ - Church Pipe Organ: Canon In D, Pachelbel Musical Themes & Anthems, Organ Music by Sound Effects Library on Grooveshark

Right as the Flower Girls were about to walk out, I noticed that they were carrying these tacky red baskets that I'd never seen before. I remember whisper-screaming to MOH Long Legs "Lose the baskets! Lose the baskets!" and she quickly grabbed them before the flower girls walked out. Phew, crisis averted, I thought, until I looked over at my dad, who was visibly upset. As it turns out, my dad knew how much I had wanted petals and had talked our priest into making an exception for me given everything that I'd been through. On such short notice, the only baskets they had found were the red Dollar Store baskets. Oops! I felt so bad for spoiling the surprise, but at this point, I was over all of it, and just wanted to see my groom and GET MARRIED ALREADY!

But back to the processional... are these not the cutest Flower Girls of all time?
I asked my florist to clean up and de-thorn two white roses for our rose ceremony, and she tied a bow around them in the same ribbon as my bouquet. It also matched the silvery grey of my DIY ring pillow!
After the Flower Girls, it was my little cousin A's turn, isn't he such a handsome little man? He's only three, but he carried those rings like a big boy! BM Tiny followed closely behind, just in case...I also love how the DIY ring pillow ended up being the perfect size for his tiny hands and the grey matched the ribbon from my bouquet and the flower girl's roses.
Next, my bridesmaids walked out one by one, looking oh-so-lovely in their cobalt blue Bill Levkoff dresses. I distinctly remember telling each one of them to point their hydrangea bouquets toward their hoo-ha for optimal photo placement (it works!).

First up, BM Tiny:
I love that she's looking at Mr. W!
Then, BM Green Eyes:
See her huge grin? She's staring at her boyfriend (now fiance!). Foreshadowing! ;)
Followed by the gorgeous MOH Long Legs:
Can you tell that she's about to cry?
And finally, the third flower girl walked out, carrying my DIY "Here Comes the Bride" banner.


It was finally my turn to walk down the aisle, but you'll have to wait for next time for that! ;)

All photos courtesy of the amazing Bachmann Photography unless otherwise specified
Falling for You: Baby You Can Ride My (Limo) :  wedding montreal pictures pro pics recap Waterfa04 Falling for You: Something :  wedding accessories montreal pictures pro pics recap traditions Waterfa04 waterfa04
Miss a recap?

No comments:

Post a Comment