Skin

Monday 1 July 2013

We did it! Lo hicimos!


Hive, to quote America’s favourite bilingual cutie, Dora the Explorer: We did it! Lo hicimos! 

The Waterfalls are wed y’all!

We actually tied the knot two weeks ago, but we left right away for our honeymoon in paradise and things were so hectic that I never had time to write this post.  But now I'm back and so happy to tell you all about it!
The week before the wedding, I promised myself that I would let go of all the little things and focus on the most important detail: that I would get to marry Mr. Waterfall. So, we tried our best to finish up all the DIY projects, and said screw it! to some. Despite that, our tiny one bedroom apartment looked like a giant craft bomb had gone off and I had such a bad case of bridal brain that I actually forgot to pick up BM Green Eyes, who flew in from Florida, from the airport.In order to preserve my sanity, I had to keep reminding myself that the wedding would NOT be perfect, and that it was just a normal day. However, I’m happy to report that it was just that: PERFECT! 
 
The crappy weather Montreal Brides had been experiencing (like poor Mrs. Mongoose a few weeks before me) dissipated into a beautiful sunny day, and a balmy 25° Celsius (that’s 77 Fahrenheit for you Americans), in short: perfect weather. Despite my reservations, my dress was everything I had hoped for and more, and Mr. Waterfall loved it so much that he actually cried when he saw me walking down the aisle. Speaking of Mr. W, he just looked so handsome in his tux and I couldn’t take my eyes off him!



The reception turned out amazing, my cake was the most gorgeous cake I’ve ever seen up close and our awesome DJ kept the party going until 3 am! 

Of course, there were a few hitches, but I was so ecstatic to be marrying my favourite person that I just didn’t care. For example, BM Tiny showed up to our hotel, undressed and completely terrified of my bridal wrath, a mere 20 minutes before we were set to leave for the church and I was like: all right, party on! It’s funny, my bridesmaids kept chasing me around all day, trying to pick up my train off of the floor so I wouldn’t destroy my dress, and I couldn’t care less if the tulle tore or people stepped on it (which happened A LOT that night) because I was so freaking happy.  

I call this one: party princess
I’m still waiting on our pro pics to start recaps, but until then, I have a few more details I’d like to catch you up on. In the meantime, here is a teaser shot our photographers sent us the day after the wedding. If this shot is any indication, my pictures are going to be legend, wait for it, DARY!
photo by Bachmann Photography
XOXO, Mrs. Waterfall ;)


all photos personal unless otherwise specified

No comments:

Post a Comment