Skin

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Venues,The Good, The Bad and the Lovely: THE LOVELY



You know that Ah-ha! moment every bride hopes to have when she finds her dress? You know…the one where the heavens open up and you hear heavenly choirs sing and little bare-buttocked cherubs float all around you? Well, I had it… when I found my venue!



I know I`ve teased you long enough, so I promise I`ll get right to the good stuff.



Though Le Windsor had been suggested early on in my engagement by a friend of mine who`s also a bride to be, it somehow got put on the back shelf. Actually, I know exactly how. Upon my first google-stalking-sesh I was practically drooling over how gorgeous the place was, until I received their package info and saw the 200 guest minimum, and the price tag, which was NOT a low number.



Sorry Jessie J, but I most certainly will NOT forget about the price tag...



Then, my parents so generously offered to help us out, and just like that, Le Windsor was back in the mix!  

While on a venue scouting trip with Mami and Papi Waterfall (Mr. W had to work), we decided to check it out. Being fairly late on a Sunday night in the dead of winter, the place was pretty desolate. We asked the security guard if we could take a look nonetheless and he said sure, flicking on the lights in the Peacock Alley one by one. And by lights, I mean, absolutely breathtaking crystal chandeliers…  FIVE absolutely breathtaking crystal chandeliers in a row, to be exact. This is what we saw (minus the furniture and the uplighting)

Peacock Alley, all photos courtesy of Le Windsor
For a moment, we just stood there, frozen, mouths hanging open, watching the lights turn on. It felt kind of like watching the lighting of the tree at Rockefeller Center! I could hear the clickitty-click of my heels echo across the vast marble hall, as we made our way into the main rooms.

The Windsor offers a choice of not one but TWO ballrooms for your event; the Windsor and the Versailles. We instantly knew we wanted the latter.  
The Windsor Ballroom, photo courtesy of Le Windsor
The Versailles Ballroom, photo courtesy of Le Windsor

My favorite feature of all is the enormous chandelier hanging over the dance floor in the Versailles room. I mean, just look at it!

The Versailles Ballroom, photo courtesy of Le Windsor
I can`t even describe to you the way we felt when we left. The three of us were so excited on the car ride home, and just kept talking over one another amidst exclamations of Oh Wow and Oh My God. Even though the rooms were not set up, I was able to picture my wedding day perfectly, just imagining having my first dance with Mr. Waterfall under that gorgeous chandelier gives me the chills.

I convinced Mr. Waterfall to go see it a few days later, though he had protested that it looked too fancy from the pictures online. Lucky for us, they were setting up for an event and the sales rep was on site and was able to give us a tour. Once Mr. W saw it all in person, I could tell he was on board, as hooked as I was!

Was it love at first sight with your venue?

No comments:

Post a Comment