Skin

Tuesday 27 November 2012

To Chair is Human


Remember that time I said I hated chair covers? Well, I may not have been 100% honest about that...

Truth is, chair covers are one of those things I never thought about until I got engaged. Heck, I may have even liked them at one time!

Then, I started watching wedding shows and foraging for inspiration online. All of a sudden, chair covers became an abomination, an eye sore that simply had no place at my beautiful, classy, wedding.

I blame this guy:
Chiavari Chair/ image via thechaircompany.ca

Yup, I jumped on the Chiavari bandwagon like a hobo hitching a ride on the last train out of town, and never looked back.

Mr. Waterfall? Not so much.

Every time I would show him a picture of a Chiavari, or point them out in an episode of Four Weddings, he said he hated them. That's right: Hate. So much for that...

I actually found this strangely amusing because, up until this point, he had been a really laid-back kind of groom, who didn't have very strong opinions about most wedding details. Alas, when it came to Chiavaris, he was keeping his proverbial foot down, waaayyy down!

Still, I thought I could source them out, just for giggles, just to see what they would cost, you know... hypothetically. And WOW, let me tell ya, at 8-9$ a pop, plus chair cushions and delivery, they don't come cheap! As if Mr. Waterfall needed even more reason to say no...

But I couldn't let go of my Chiavari dream, try as I might! That is, until attending a bridal expo with MOH Long Legs and the parents, seeing one up close and asking Papi W to try it out.

At 6 ft 3 and 220 pounds, Papi Waterfall is by no means a small guy, but he's no giant either. Except that, perched on this tiny chair, he looked like Gulliver, or Alice in Wonderland, after she eats the cookies…

Just when I was about to concede defeat in the Great Chiavari Battle of 2012, we visited Le Windsor for the first time. Lo and behold, stacks of gorgeous Chiavaris lined the walls. I asked Papi W to sit in one, just for fun, and by some miracle, he actually FIT. Comfortably! Like a normal, non-giant, human being!!!

A very happy Papi Waterfall/ Personal Photo

Have I told you the best part? Chiavaris are included as part of our package. Guess it’s true then, the best things in life ARE free! And you can’t argue with free chairs, Mr. Waterfall…

Are you a Chiavari lover or a Banquet Chair kind of bee?

No comments:

Post a Comment